Oct 03, 2022
MATH 119 - Trigonometry
Lecture Contact Hours: 3
Description: Trigonometric functions and their graphs, identities, equations and inverse functions and solutions of right and oblique triangles are the topics included in this course.
Prerequisites: MATH 113 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or a minimum score of 23 ACT-Math, 29 SAT-Math, 63 CPT-College-Level Math or 230 NGA-Advanced Algebra and Functions.
Course Category: Liberal Arts | Mathematics
This course counts toward Schoolcraft’s General Education Requirements.
This course counts toward a Michigan Transfer Agreement General Education Requirement.
This Course is Typically Offered: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall
Check Course Availability
- Evaluate the basic trigonometric functions using degree or radian measure.
- Evaluate the basic trigonometric functions involving angles in standard position.
- Evaluate the basic trigonometric functions involving right triangles.
- Evaluate the basic trigonometric functions involving the unit circle.
- Solve right and oblique triangles.
- Solve trigonometric equations.
- Verify trigonometric identities.
- Graph trigonometric functions.
- Construct mathematical models using trigonometric functions.
- Solve application problems using trigonometry.
Add to My Catalog (opens a new window)