Sep 21, 2023
MUSIC 104 - Basic Materials in Music Theory
Lecture Contact Hours: 3
Description: This course provides a step by step approach to the fundamentals of music including notation, scales, intervals and triads.
Course Category: Liberal Arts | Humanities
This course counts toward Schoolcraft’s General Education Requirements.
This course counts toward a Michigan Transfer Agreement General Education Requirement.
This Course is Typically Offered: Fall, Winter
Check Course Availability
- Read fundamental pitch and rhythmic notation in the treble and bass staff.
- Write fundamental pitch and rhythmic notation in the treble and bass staff.
- Construct major scales and all forms of minor scales.
- Identify all major and minor key signatures.
- Construct all major and minor key signatures.
- Construct traditional intervals that identify distance between pitches.
- Construct major, minor, diminished, and augmented triads.
- Write simple rhythms derived from aural dictation.
- Notate intervals on treble or bass staff through aural dictation.
Add to My Catalog (opens a new window)