Oct 03, 2022
PE 115 - Aerobic Dance Fitness
Lecture Contact Hours: 1
Lab Contact Hours: 1
Description: Instruction will stress the development of an individual’s aerobic capacity and cardiovascular endurance through aerobic dance and dance exercise.
Course Category: Occupational
This Course is Typically Offered: Winter Only
Check Course Availability
- Explain the concept of aerobics and how it can be applied to daily activity.
- Calculate heart rates, including target heart rate (THR), maximum heart rate (MHR), rate of perceived exertion (RPE), and recovery.
- Advocate the benefits of aerobic training as it pertains to good health.
- Explain various fitness principles as they relate to exercising purposefully and safely.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to perform aerobic exercises in a safe and effective manner.
- Assess the effects of aerobic dance to other aerobic exercises.
Add to My Catalog (opens a new window)